Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Focus on Fun and Pleasure

Your exercise practice will probably be more successful if you focus on the fun and/or pleasure of your chosen exercise(s). It is generally easier to find/create time to perform the exercise if you find the chosen exercise activity fun or pleasurable.

Have you ever listened to avid exercisers talk about why they exercise? 
You often hear answers like:
"I love to run",  "I take my spin class because I love how it feels afterwards",   "I really enjoy a walk in the morning and so does my dog",  " I really like the total muscle fatigue feeling I get after lifting weights", "Sex has been better since I began to exercise", etc.  


Try different exercise forms, find some that you like, focus on the feeling and go for it!











No comments:

Post a Comment